Speeding and reckless driving are common factors in Jacksonville, FL, car accidents. Unfortunately, speeding can also make distracted driving much more deadly. Our Jacksonville speeding accident lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers help you hold speeding drivers accountable for the damages and injuries they cause.
For over a decade, our legal team has fought to recover millions of dollars for our clients in Jacksonville, Florida. Our personal injury attorneys have over 60 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims.
Contact our law firm at (904) 396-1100 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Jacksonville speeding accident attorneys. We want to help you recover fair and just compensation for your car accident case.
How Our Jacksonville Personal Injury Lawyers Help You With Your Car Accident Claim
Speed limits in Jacksonville are set to reduce the risk of motor vehicle accidents. However, car accidents occur when drivers ignore posted speed limits or drive too fast for conditions. These accidents cause significant property damage, physical injuries, and pain for the accident victims.
At Baggett Law, a Jacksonville car accident attorney work tirelessly to get you the money you deserve. We fight insurance companies and at-fault drivers to hold the parties responsible for your accident injuries financially liable for damages.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your car accident and identify the factors that led to the accident
- Gather evidence proving the speeding driver caused the crash
- Work with accident reconstructionists, engineers, and other expert witnesses as necessary to gather evidence of causation and fault
- File insurance claims and handle all communication with insurance companies
- Assist you in documenting the extent of your injuries and damages to calculate the value of your claim
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit and fight the case in court when the other parties refuse to agree to a reasonable settlement amount
If you were involved in a car accident in Jacksonville, we are here to help. Call us today to schedule your free case evaluation with our Jacksonville car accident attorneys.
Speeding Is a Common Cause of Traffic Fatalities
The NTHSA reports that 11,528 people died in speeding accidents in 2020. The dangers of speeding are well-known. About one-third of the traffic deaths in 2020 involved a speeding driver. The FLHSMV reports 35,451 accidents involving speeding and aggressive driving in Florida in 2020.
Drivers speed for many reasons. Some drivers are anxious or running late. Other drivers merely love the feeling of a speeding vehicle.
Whatever the reason for speeding, the risk of injury and death far outweigh the supposed justification.
Speeding Increases the Risk of Catastrophic Injuries and Deaths
Speeding accidents in Duval County can result in traumatic injuries. As the speed of a vehicle increases, so does the risk of being in an accident. The risk of sustaining severe injuries in a car crash also increases as the speed of a vehicle increases.
Common injuries caused by speeding accidents in Jacksonville include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs and amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Soft tissue injuries
Victims may develop a permanent impairment or disability because of a speeding accident. The lifelong consequences for those victims can be devastating.
Damages Caused by Speeding Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Medical expenses
- The cost of future medical care
- In-home and long-term nursing care
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Personal care and assistance with household chores
- Loss of earnings, including past and future lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Decrease in quality of life
- Impairments and disabilities
- Emotional distress
How much your car accident claim is worth depends on various factors. For example, severe injuries will likely increase the value of a personal injury claim. However, allegations of contributory fault and failure to mitigate damages could reduce the amount of money you receive for your claim.
Our legal team can help you document your damages and take steps to protect the value of your car accident claim. Contact us before you talk with the insurance adjuster or claims investigator. It is better to refer them to our office than to talk to them directly.
The insurance company has one goal – to pay you as little as possible for your damages. We fight to get you the amount you deserve based on the facts of your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Jacksonville Speeding Accident Lawyers
At Baggett Law, our legal team treats each personal injury case with the same level of concern, respect, and dedication. We understand you experienced a traumatic event. Therefore, we strive to make the claims process as stress-free for you as possible.
Contact our law office for your free consultation with a Jacksonville speeding accident attorney.