Car accident victims often struggle with trying to take care of their health while also worrying about protecting their legal claims. If you were hurt in a lane change crash in Jacksonville, Florida caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve to recover in peace and obtain financial compensation for your losses.
The car accident lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers want to help you recover fair compensation following a Jacksonville lane change crash. Contact us online or call us at (904) 396-1100 to schedule a free case review.
How Can Our Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers Help After a Lane Change Crash?
At Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe that every accident victim deserves personalized service. When you hire our legal team, your case is handled by a lawyer from the initial phone call to the close of your case.
With over 69 years of combined legal experience and tens of millions of dollars in recovery, our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers have the skill and experience necessary to help you recover fair compensation.
If you were hurt in a lane change crash, you can count on our law firm to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident
- Gather compelling evidence to support your claim
- Handle communications with others on your behalf
- Aggressively negotiate for maximum compensation
- Compassionately listen to your story and provide honest feedback about your case
Contact our Jacksonville, FL law office today to get started on your claim.
What Is a Lane Change Crash?
A lane change crash occurs when vehicles collide at the time or moments after a lane change.
Florida’s Rules on Lane Changes
Florida’s rules on lane changes include:
- Drivers must maintain their vehicles in a single lane unless they can move into another lane safely
- Drivers must obey traffic control devices that dictate which lane to use
- Drivers must obey traffic control devices that prohibit changing lanes in certain sections of roadways
If a roadway is divided into three lanes and provides for two-way traffic, no vehicle should be driven in the center lane unless:
- The driver is passing another vehicle traveling in the same direction, and the center lane is clear of traffic within a safe distance
- The driver is preparing to make a left turn
- An official traffic control device has allocated the lane for use by traffic moving in the same direction, and the vehicle is heading to that area
Failure to follow these rules can result in lane change crashes that cause severe injuries.
What Are Some Common Causes of Jacksonville Lane Change Accidents?
Lane change accidents may occur because of factors such as:
- Failure to yield
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Failing to check blind spots
- Failing to signal
- Misjudging the distance or speed of other vehicles
- Distracted driving
It is important to determine the cause of the accident in case you are planning to file a claim against the at-fault driver.
Florida’s No-Fault Personal Injury Protection System
Unlike most states, Florida is a no-fault state when it comes to car accidents. Each driver is supposed to turn to their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance for coverage after an accident, regardless of who is at fault for the collision.
This insurance covers medical expenses and partial wage replacement. If you are considered “seriously injured” by Florida law, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault party.
A serious injury is defined under the law as an injury that involves any of the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- A permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
If you meet this threshold, you can file a claim against the at-fault party’s liability insurance policy if they have this optional coverage. If they don’t have liability insurance coverage, you may be able to file a personal injury claim against them.
How Is Fault Determined in a Jacksonville Lane Change Accident?
The driver of the lane-changing vehicle is often found to be at fault because the driver is supposed to ensure it is safe to change lanes before executing this driving maneuver. However, strong evidence can help establish fault in case liability is in dispute.
An experienced Jacksonville car accident attorney can help gather compelling evidence, such as:
- Accident reports
- Physical damage that shows the point of impact
- Statements from witnesses
- Medical records consistent with your version of events
- Photos or videos of the accident
Our legal team is ready to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Compensation Can You Seek After a Lane Change Accident in Jacksonville, Florida?
If you were injured in a lane change accident, you can potentially recover compensation for the losses you’ve suffered, which may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Lost quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
An experienced Jacksonville lane change crash lawyer can give you a better idea about the potential value of your claim.
Contact Our Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers for Help After a Lane Change Crash
If you were hurt in a lane change car crash, Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you with every aspect of your injury claim. Contact us online or call us to schedule a free case consultation.
Other Common Types of Car Wrecks in Jacksonville
At Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers we handle all types of car accident claims in Jacksonville, including:
- Airbag Injuries
- DUI Crashes
- Head-on Crashes
- Highway Accidents
- Hit and run Crashes
- Intersection Crashes
- Left-Turn Accidents
- Multi-Vehicle Accidents
- Parking Lot Accidents
- Red and Yellow Light Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Seat Belt Injuries
- Single-Vehicle Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- U-Turn Accidents
- And more.