Did you recently suffer injuries in an intersection crash in Jacksonville, FL? You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award for the costs of your medical treatment and disability. The experienced Jacksonville car accident lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you seek maximum compensation for your injuries and suffering.
Since 2012, our award-winning personal injury attorneys have led clients to tens of millions of dollars in life-changing financial awards. We put 69 years of combined experience behind every case and work tirelessly to get our clients the best possible results.
Level the playing field and give yourself the best shot at a financial victory. Contact our Jacksonville, Florida law office or give us a call at (904) 396-1100 to schedule a time for a free initial case evaluation today.
How Our Jacksonville Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After an Intersection Accident
Whether you are rear-ended at a red light, hit head-on, or sideswiped, the consequences of an intersection crash can be catastrophic. When someone else is to blame, they must be held accountable.
The Jacksonville auto accident attorneys at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help you stand up and fight for every cent you deserve. In fact, we’re ready to take on the entirety of your case so that you can focus on what really matters: recovering from your traumatic injuries.
Well you focus on getting better, our top-rated litigators will:
- Investigate your intersection crash to determine why it happened, how it could’ve been avoided, and who can be held financially accountable
- Gather critical pieces of evidence, such as medical records, accident reports, property damage, photographs of the scene, video footage, witness statements, and more
- Consult with respected car accident experts and specialists as we build and assess what your case is worth
- Prepare arguments to defend you against allegations that you share responsibility for your intersection car accident
- Take care of negotiations with insurance companies and liable parties on your behalf
- Bring your car accident claim to a jury in Duval County, if necessary
Our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers work on contingency, meaning there’s no cost to you unless we win your case. There’s no risk in asking for our help, so don’t hesitate to give us a call or reach out to us online now.
How Many Car Accidents Happen at Intersections?
Statistically speaking, it’s dangerous to navigate an intersection. They’re high-frequency crash sites. According to the Federal Highway Administration, intersection accidents account for half of all auto accident injuries and one-quarter of all traffic accident deaths.
Why might this be the case?
Some common causes of intersection car crashes include:
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Making right-hand turns against a red light
- Failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign or traffic signal
- Racing through an intersection to “beat” a red or yellow light
- Driver distraction or inattention
- Distracted pedestrians and bicyclists
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unfamiliarity with local traffic laws and customs in Jacksonville
- Road construction
- Defective or inadequate intersection design
Sometimes wet or slick driving conditions or limited visibility can contribute to a collision at an intersection in Jacksonville.
Where Are Jacksonville’s Most Dangerous Intersections?
Statistically speaking, accidents tend to happen at some intersections and crossroads in Jacksonville more than others.
Some of the most dangerous Jacksonville intersections include:
- Blanding Boulevard & Youngerman Circle
- Blanding Blvd & Argyle Forest Blvd
- Baymeadows Road & Southside Blvd
- Beach Blvd & Southside Blvd
- Beach Blvd & University Blvd
- Beach Blvd & Hodges Blvd
- Philips Highway & Emerson Street
- Cecil Commerce Parkway & Argyle Forest Blvd
- Atlantic Blvd & Southside Blvd
- 103rd St & Ricker Rd
This is not an exhaustive list. Just because these tend to be the most dangerous doesn’t mean that other crossroads in the city never see crashes. When moving through an intersection, you can reduce the risk of a collision by exercising additional caution and paying extra attention to your surroundings.
What Should I Do After I’m Injured in a Jacksonville Intersection Accident?
Did you know that the steps you take and the decisions you make after a car accident really matter? They can affect your safety and impact your ability to recover maximum compensation. This is especially true when you’re involved in a crash at a busy intersection.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind:
- Move your vehicle to the side of the road if you can so you don’t block traffic.
- Remain near the scene but move somewhere safe and out of harm’s way, if possible.
- Contact the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office or Jacksonville Police Department to report the accident and request assistance.
- Exchange your contact and insurance information with other parties.
- Check to see if anyone needs immediate medical assistance.
- Resist the urge to apologize or admit fault (it could hurt your claim for damages in the future).
- Get to a hospital or physician for medical treatment as soon as you possibly can.
- Refuse to provide a recorded statement or answer an insurance adjuster’s questions without your attorney present.
In fact, the best thing you can do (after reporting the crash and getting medical treatment) is to call an experienced personal injury attorney in Jacksonville for help.
Call Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers For Help After an Intersection Crash in Jacksonville
Intersection accidents can be complicated. It can be difficult to determine the cause(s) and pinpoint liability. You don’t have to handle your case on your own. You also can’t trust insurance companies to do what’s in your best interests.
That’s why Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers should be your first call after your intersection crash in Jacksonville. Let our experienced Jacksonville car accident attorneys take on your case for you. We’ll put 69 years of experience and a winning record behind your fight for compensation.
You’ll have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit, so contact our law office in Jacksonville to arrange a time for your free case evaluation now.