Commercial truck accidents happen for many reasons, including complications from carrying an oversized load. Large truck crashes result in devastating injuries with life-altering consequences for victims and their families. Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyer is here to fight to get you compensation for your damages.
Our Jacksonville personal injury lawyers have more than 80 years of combined experience representing accident victims. As top-rated personal injury attorneys, we understand what is necessary to win a case. Since opening our personal injury law firm, our attorneys have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients.
We accept cases on a contingency fee basis in Jacksonville, FL. Therefore, you pay no attorney’s fees unless we get compensation for you.
How Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if an Oversized Load Truck Crash in Jacksonville Caused Your Injuries
Oversize loads can be very dangerous. The trucking company, loaders, and other parties could be liable for an accident. Because of the complicated nature of a truck crash, experience matters when hiring a Jacksonville oversize load truck accident lawyer.
Our attorneys at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers have received numerous awards and recognition from national legal organizations. In 2021, we received the Martindale-Hubbell Platinum Client Champion Award. Our attorneys have an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest peer rating for attorneys. Additionally, our lawyers have been named Super Lawyers, Top Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, and Legal Elite.
When you hire our Jacksonville truck accident lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the truck crash to determine why the truck accident happened
- Monitor investigations by state and federal government agencies and law enforcement
- Gather evidence supporting your case, including working with leading experts in the trucking industry
- File insurance claims, personal injury claims, and lawsuits to protect your rights
- Work with your physicians, financial professionals, and medical specialists to document the extent of our losses and injuries to determine how much your case is worth
- Defend you if you are accused of contributory fault
- Aggressively negotiate settlements for the total value of your damages
- Go to trial and argue your case to a jury, if necessary
Call Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule your free case evaluation with an experienced oversize load truck accident lawyer in Jacksonville, Florida.
Why Do Oversize Truck Accidents Happen in Jacksonville, Florida?
Federal trucking regulations and Florida motor vehicle laws set maximum weight and height restrictions for commercial trucks. There could be exceptions to these rules, such as a carrier who applies for an oversized load permit.
Weight limits are important to reduce the risk of accidents caused by overloaded trucks. Even though a trucking company has an oversized load permit, it can still be responsible for an oversize load truck accident in Jacksonville.
Oversize truck crashes happen for many reasons. Common causes of Jacksonville oversize load truck accidents include:
- The driver does not have adequate training to transport oversized loads
- Heavier loads can increase the risk of jackknife accidents and rollover crashes
- Oversized loads may be required to be transported on unfamiliar routes
- Heavier loads increase the stopping distance for a commercial truck
- The company did not account for the extra stress the heavier load would put on the truck’s systems and parts, including the tires and brakes
- The driver has less control of the truck because of the increased weight
- Added weight can increase the risk of tire blowouts
- A truck driver ignores the warnings and weight limits for specific roads and bridges
- The loader/shipper did not use adequate procedures to secure the oversized cargo to prevent it from falling off the truck or shifting
General negligence could also cause an oversized load truck accident, including driver distraction, speeding, reckless driving, and impaired driving. Our Jacksonville oversize load truck accident attorneys analyze all evidence to identify the cause of the accident.
Examples of Damages for a Jacksonville Oversize Load Truck Accident
Truck accidents can cause wrongful deaths and catastrophic injuries. Victims can sustain lifelong disabilities and impairments that require lifelong care. It is crucial that the victim receives fair compensation for all damages.
- Physical pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills and expenses
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Past and future lost wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished earning potential
- Reduced quality of life
If your case goes to trial, a jury might order punitive damages. These damages are only awarded in a few cases when the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence. Our legal team evaluates each case to determine if punitive damages could apply.
Request a Free Consultation With Our Jacksonville Oversize Load Truck Accident Lawyers
You have been through a traumatic experience. The last thing you need is to be pressured to settle your claim before you complete medical treatment or understand the full extent of your damages. Instead of dealing with insurance adjusters, claims investigators, and trucking company officials, let us handle your case. Call our law firm at (904) 396-1100 for a free case review with one of our Jacksonville oversize load truck accident attorneys.