Were you or a loved one harmed by a dangerous consumer product in Jacksonville, FL? You should be able to expect that the products you buy are reasonably safe. If you were injured because of a defective product, an experienced Jacksonville product liability lawyer at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers can help you hold the product manufacturer liable for medical bills, lost wages, as well as for pain and suffering you have experienced.
Since 2012, we’ve been helping injured clients throughout Northeast Florida recover compensation after tragic accidents. We’ve been successful in securing tens of millions of dollars in truly life-changing settlements and verdicts for our clients.
We offer 100% free initial case evaluations – contact our Jacksonville, FL law firm online or call today at (904) 396-1100 to let us explain your legal options with a no-fee, no-obligation consultation.
How Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Product Liability Claim in Jacksonville
Product liability claims are almost always complex. You’ll usually have to face off against a big corporation to recover compensation. That alone can be intimidating–especially when you’re recovering from a serious injury.
At Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe that you shouldn’t have to worry about getting hurt when you buy a product. We have over 60 years of combined experience handling tough cases.
When you hire our personal injury attorneys in Jacksonville to represent you, you can expect our legal team to:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your injuries
- Identify the product defect that was responsible
- Work with top-rated experts and specialists
- Calculate the fair value of your damages claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company and defense lawyers to maximize your compensation
Product manufacturers have the resources to fight your claim. Our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys can level the playing field. We offer a small firm environment so that your case gets the personal attention you deserve. Offering that personal attention has helped us win tens of millions of dollars for our clients over the years.
Are you ready to learn more? Call our Jacksonville, Florida law office or contact us online for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Product Claims in Jacksonville, FL?
Every year, thousands of products are recalled in the United States. Worldwide, defective medical devices alone were linked to over 1.7 million injuries over a ten-year period. Of course, many injuries are caused by products that were never recalled.
Surprisingly, some of the most dangerous consumer products in the U.S. include:
- Stairs, ramps, landings, and floors
- Various types of furniture
- Exercise and sporting equipment
- Bicycles and accessories
- Playground equipment
- ATVs, mopeds, minibikes, and other recreational vehicles
- Swimming pools and equipment
Unsafe products are sold to consumers every day. If you were hurt, don’t hesitate to reach out to our lawyers for a free case review to discuss your options.
What Is My Jacksonville Product Liability Case Worth?
The value of your case will depend on many different factors.
- The nature of your injuries and the cost of medical treatment
- Whether you’re expected to make a full recovery
- The type of product defect involved
- How your injuries will impact your ability to work and quality of life
- Whether the product defect and injuries allow you to participate in a class action lawsuit
- Whether your actions contributed to your injuries
Accidents causing more serious injuries or wrongful death tend to result in higher settlements and verdicts. Often, our lawyers will work with respected experts and specialists to calculate the value of your case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Dangerous Products?
Florida product liability laws allow you to recover compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are your financial losses. Non-economic damages are the losses you’ve suffered that don’t have an obvious financial value.
You may be entitled to recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Rehabilitation and nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety, depression and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
It’s also possible that you could recover punitive damages if your case involves gross negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
At Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to help you fight for fair compensation for the injuries you’ve sustained.
We often represent clients in product liability cases involving:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Eye injuries
- Facial injuries
- Cuts, puncture wounds and lacerations
- Soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Food poisonings
- Lung damage
- Cancer and other illnesses
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Burns and scarring
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyers know how to investigate complex product liability and medical malpractice claims. If you need help proving that you were injured because of a defective product, call our Jacksonville, FL law firm for a free case evaluation today.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Claims in Jacksonville, Florida
Our lawyers in Jacksonville handle all types of product liability cases, including those involving defective:
- Medications, including Prilosec and Zantac
- Medical devices
- Household appliances
- Vehicle safety equipment, including airbags and seatbelts
- Children’s products and toys
- Child car seats
- 3M earplugs
- Household chemicals
- Lawn care products, including Roundup weed killer
- Personal care products, including talcum powder
- Work equipment and tools
Any type of consumer product can become dangerous if it’s negligently designed or assembled incorrectly.
How Do I Establish Liability if I Was Injured Using a Defective Product in Florida?
Most personal injury cases are based on negligence. To recover damages, you first have to prove that the responsible party was negligent.
Many product liability claims are different. Manufacturers of defective products can be held strictly liable for damages. Instead of proving negligence, you can recover compensation if you can prove that the product was somehow defective and you were hurt while using the product.
There are three types of product defects:
- Design defects, where the product was defective because of the way it was designed
- Manufacturing defects, where a product is defective because of a mistake in the manufacturing process
- Marketing defects, or failure to warn about the inherent risks associated with a product
If you were hurt by a product suffering from any one of these defects, the manufacturing company can be held strictly liable for your damages without proof of negligence.
Instead, to establish liability, you must prove:
- You used the product as intended or in a way that was reasonably foreseeable
- The product was defective
- The defect was the proximate cause of your injuries
- You suffered damages, or losses
There are many ways to prove that a product was defective. Under Florida law, a “consumer expectations test” usually applies in design defect cases. A product suffers from a design defect if the product is unreasonably dangerous because of the way it was designed. One way to prove this is by establishing that the product didn’t meet the consumer’s reasonable expectations.
However, the the legal standard can vary depending on the specifics of each case. You can trust the skilled lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers to always be up-to-date on the latest legal developments.
Can I Recover Damages Based on Negligence?
Most product liability cases are based on strict liability. It’s also possible to recover damages based on the manufacturer’s negligence.
In negligence cases, you must establish:
- The at-fault party’s duty of care
- A breach of duty
- That the breach directly caused your injuries
- You sustained actual losses, or damages
It may be possible to prove negligence if the manufacturing company failed to properly test the product before they began selling it to consumers. You might also be able to prove negligence by establishing a breach of warranty.
In these cases, you must establish that the warranty was either:
- Expressly given by the manufacturer, or
- An implied warranty that the product was reasonably safe for consumer use
You don’t have to wait for a product recall to take legal action. Product liability cases tend to be complex. It’s best to speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible after you’re injured. It’s also possible that others may have suffered similar injuries, so you may be able to recover damages in a class action lawsuit.
How Long Do I Have to File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Florida?
Four years. That’s the statute of limitations in product liability cases in Florida. That means you must file a personal injury lawsuit within four years of the date you were injured or reasonably should have known that the product caused your injury.
It’s best to contact a reputable lawyer as soon as you suspect that a defective project caused your injuries. These are complex cases that can time time to investigate.
Call our Jacksonville product liability attorneys at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers today to discuss the deadlines that apply in your case.
Contact a Jacksonville Product Liability Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you seriously injured by a dangerous product? Contact Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with an experienced Jacksonville product liability lawyer today. We’ll help you pursue the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Jacksonville, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Jacksonville
- Boating Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL
- Car Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL
- Dog Bite Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
- Slip and Fall Accident Attorney in Jacksonville
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville