Anesthesia errors in Jacksonville, Florida, can cause severe injuries and wrongful death. Medical providers can be liable for damages caused by errors and medical negligence.
The Jacksonville anesthesia error lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers have over 69 years of combined experience handling personal injury claims. Our lawyers have recovered millions in the decade since we opened our law firm. We are strong legal advocates for injured victims and their families.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation with one of our Jacksonville personal injury attorneys at (904) 396-1100. We want to help you recover the compensation you deserve after a medical provider causes you injury.
How Our Jacksonville Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help You With an Anesthesia Injury Claim
The lawyers at Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers have been recognized nationally and locally for their legal services. We have an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its most prestigious peer rating. Also, we were awarded the 2021 Platinum Client Champion Award from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest award for client services.
Anesthesia is commonly used in hospitals, doctor’s offices, and medical facilities. When used safely, it helps patients avoid the pain of medical procedures. However, anesthesia errors can be deadly.
When you hire our top-rated Jacksonville personal injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Work with medical specialists and other expert witnesses to gather evidence to build a stronger case for negligence
- File claims and monitor deadlines to file lawsuits
- Document your damages and calculate how much your claim is worth
- Aggressively pursue settlements for amounts that compensate you fully for damages
- Keep you updated throughout your case and discuss all settlement offers with you
- File a medical malpractice lawsuit when necessary
You trust that your physicians and medical providers will take care of you. When you sustain harm because of their actions, Baggett Law Personal Injury Lawyers helps you hold them liable.
Call us to schedule a free case evaluation with one of our Jacksonville medical malpractice attorneys to discuss your case.
Anesthesia Errors Cause Severe Injuries
When medical providers make anesthesia errors, patients can sustain traumatic injuries, including life-threatening conditions. Injuries caused by anesthesia errors include:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Strokes and heart attacks
- Loss of bodily functions
- Organ damage
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Birth injuries
- Injury to the trachea
- Wrongful death
Identifying your injuries and linking the injuries to the anesthesia error is essential for proving a medical malpractice case. Our legal team thoroughly investigates your claim to determine how the anesthesia error happened and identify all parties who contributed to your injuries.
Why Do Anesthesia Errors Happen in Jacksonville, FL?
Many anesthesia errors occur because of human error. They are preventable adverse medical events. Common causes of anesthesia errors include:
- Distractions during the procedure
- Failing to review a patient’s medical history and risks
- Giving a patient the wrong medication
- Defective medical equipment or malfunctions
- Failing to monitor a patient under anesthesia or after a procedure
- Giving a patient the incorrect dosage of anesthesia
- Working under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Errors made during intubation or failing to timely intubate a patient
- Communication errors between the anesthesiologist and other physicians and medical staff
- Allowing patients to remain under anesthesia for too long
- Delaying giving a patient anesthesia
Our legal team investigates to determine why the anesthesia error occurred and who is responsible for the error. Then, we work to hold those parties liable for your damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for an Anesthesia Error in Jacksonville, FL?
- Medical bills and expenses
- Permanent disabilities and impairments
- Emotional distress
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Lost wages and benefits
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- A decrease in quality of life
Careful documentation of your damages increases the value of your claim. Keeping a journal during your recovery can also be helpful. Include details such as your emotional state, pain levels, and activities you cannot perform because of your injuries.
What Is the Deadline for Filing Anesthesia Error Claims in Jacksonville, FL?
However, unlike other personal injury cases, the time to file a claim might not begin with the injury date. The discovery rule could apply, meaning the time to file a lawsuit would begin when you reasonably should have known about the injury.
The deadline to file an anesthesia error claim can be difficult to determine. The best way to protect your rights is to seek legal advice as soon as you suspect an anesthesia error caused your injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Jacksonville Anesthesia Error Lawyers
Negligence and intentional wrongdoing cause unnecessary pain and suffering for patients. We want to help.
Call our personal injury law firm to discuss your case with one of our lawyers. Your initial consultation with an experienced Jacksonville anesthesia attorney is free.